Web3 is Not Going Great
Paris Marx is joined by Molly White to discuss the big Axie Infinity hack, what’s wrong with the New York Times’ Latecomer’s Guide to Crypto, and what Molly’s years as a Wikipedia editor have taught her about the problem with web3’s vision of total commercialization.
Molly White is a software engineer and the creator of web3 is going just great. Follow Molly on Twitter at @molly0xFFF.
Support the show
Venture capitalists aren’t funding critical analysis of the tech industry — that’s why the show relies on listener support.
Become a supporter on Patreon to ensure the show can keep promoting critical tech perspectives. That will also get you access to the Discord chat, a shoutout on the show, some stickers, and more!
- Molly and a bunch of other crypto critics put together an (Edited) Latecomer’s Guide to Crypto.
- You can read Kevin Roose’s original Latecomer’s Guide here.
- Molly wrote about the $625 million Axie Infinity hack and harassment on the blockchain.
- Interest in NFTs and their values have plummeted in recent months.
- Tech Won’t Save Us has a new website. Check it out at techwontsave.us.